Decimal to Binary Conversion is an online tool to convert decimal numbers to binary digits. Decimal to Binary conversion tool is very easy to use and it is 100% free. If you are looking for the reverse process(Decimal to Binary) check Binary to Decimal Conversion.
What is Decimal Number Format?
Decimal number format has 10 digits from 0 and 9. It is most common number system and quite used in
our daily life. It has base(radix) 10. It is a posoitional number system thats is weight of the
positions increses from right to left as 100,101,102,103...
What is Binary Number Format?
Binary number format has only two digits 0 and 1. Since 'bi' means two so all binary numbers are expressed
in 0 and 1 only. Binary numbers has base(radix) 2. Digital electronics is based on binary number system only
which is either on that is 1 or off that is 0. It is a posoitional number system thats is weight of the
positions increses from right to left as 20,21,22,23...
Each 0 or 1 digit is known as bit and eight bits together is known as byte.
How we convert Decimal to Binary format?
As we discussed 1 byte has 8 bits and first bit from left is known as least significant bit and right most bit
is most significant bit.
Decimal to Binary is quite easy to convert. for example:
8 is decimal number and we need to convert it into binary form.
1. Write the decimal number.
2. Divide the decimal number by 2.
3. Note down the remainder.(it should be either 1 or 0). This remainder is LSB(Least Significant Bit).
4. Now, divide the quotient by 2 which is obtained from step 2.
5. Note down the remainder obtained.
6. Again repeat the 4th step i.e., divide the quotient by 2 and note down the remainder.
7. Repeat above steps till the quotient becomes 0. 8. When quotient becomes 0 the remainder would be MSB(Most Significant Bit).
So, by following above steps binary equivalnt of 8 is 1000.
How we convert Decimal to Binary using this tool?
1. Open Decimal to Binary Conversion tool.
2. Enter Decimal data in input text area.
3. Click on Button Decimal to Binary to convert data.
4. Output will be shown in output text area.
Is convert99.com easy and simple to learn?
Is this tool free?
Yes, it is 100% free tool to use.