Decimal to Octal Converter is an online tool to convert data from Decimal to Octal form. It is very easy and simple to use and takes very less time to convert data from Decimal to Octal. If you are looking for the reverse process(Octal to Decimal) check Octal to Decimal Converter.
What is Decimal Number Format?
Decimal number format has 10 digits from 0 and 9. It is most common number system and quite used in
our daily life. It has base(radix) 10. It is a posoitional number system thats is weight of the
positions increses from right to left as 100,101,102,103...
What is Octal Number Format?
Octal number system provides convenient way of converting large binary numbers into more compact and smaller groups. There are various ways to convert a binary number into octal number. You can convert using direct methods or indirect methods. First, you need to convert a binary into other base system (e.g., into decimal, or into hexadecimal). Then you need to convert it octal number.
How we convert Decimal to Octal Number?
Follow the steps given below to learn the decimal to octal conversion:
1) Write the given decimal number.
2) If the given decimal number is less than 8 the octal number is the same.
3) If the decimal number is greater than 7 then divide the number by 8.
4) Note the remainder, we get after division.
5) Repeat step 3 and 4 with the quotient till it is less than 8.
6) Now, write the remainders in reverse order (bottom to top).
7) The resultant is the equivalent octal number to the given decimal number.
How we convert Decimal to Octal using this tool?
1. Open Decimal to Octal Conversion tool.
2. Enter Decimal data in input text area.
3. Click on Button Decimal to Octal to convert data.
4. Output will be shown in output text area.
Is convert99.com easy and simple to learn?
Is this tool free?
Yes, it is 100% free tool to use.